Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who Needs Diapers?

"I'm embarrassed, mom!"


This was the very first outfit bought for Elijah. My parents brought it back from China when they found out we were pregnant. Do you notice anything different about it?


The outfit came with split pants! This is the standard way people in China dress their little ones, because they don't use diapers. Apparently, the parents make a certain noise, and it encourages the babies to "do their thing." The split pants make it easier for going where-ever, when-ever. I can't imagine how many accidents the babies have, especially at night/in the crib. I am very thankful for diapers!


I guess the idea isn't too foreign to some people. I've heard infant potty training is getting more and more attention these days with people hoping to save some money. This article is old but it gives you the idea!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! This is just a reminder of why we always take off our shoes when entering our house here in China...

    ReplyDelete